Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Psalm 139:6

Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is so that high I cannot attain it. Psalm 139:6 NRSV

This morning I sat down and wrote out the verses that I remembered so far from Psalm 139. I invite you to take a moment to do this as well (no peeking!). I did pretty well - got some verses mixed up but got most of the content. Actually, I recalled today's verse the best.

Here God knows everything about me and I can't even remember the first 6 verses of a Psalm! The understanding that God knows that much, sees my life that well, and still surrounds me with love and grace is overwhelming. Not only am I unable to do anything near this for either myself or another human being but I also cannot get my mind around this concept. And I am not alone- God knows you just as well, too.

God, we thank you for your awesome power and your wonderful presence. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment