Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Being Poured Out: A Moment of Personal Insight

As for me, I am already being poured out as a libation, and the time of my departure has come. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 2 Timothy 4:6-7 NRSV

I am the kind of person who does not mind change but I dislike having to say good-bye. I am looking forward to leaving where I am now, but my heart will continue to be with some good folks. I feel torn between being excited about the future and sad about leaving my current ministry.

When I first began this ministry, someone gave me a quote from Thomas Merton that basically said the best thing about the work I was doing would be around the relationships I was making. I can attest to that. There have been a lot of bad stuff that I have had to deal with and I will not be missing that at all! But my heart is still with the people I work with and people I supervise.

I am not sure that I will get the crown of winning as Paul was expecting. But I do feel like the finish line is in sight and the race I have run these past two years is coming to completion.

Does your job, ministry, or volunteer work feel like you are in a race? Where in the race are
you? Do you expect a crown of victory? Or will you just be exhausted?

God, sometimes life feels like a race and we aren't sure we are winning. May we run the correct race and do it for your glory. In Jesus' name we pray. Amen.

Copyright 2009 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment