Tuesday, July 7, 2009


I pray that you may not lose heart over my sufferings for you; they are your glory. Ephesians 3: 13 NRSV

I'm being held prisoner and it is all your fault! But I am trying to follow God's will for my life - the biggest part being you Gentiles to Christ, helping you all to see that you are a part of this wonderful new structure that God is creating in the world. I don't want you to be left out! So, if I am writing this letter from a Birmingham jail, don't be concerned but rejoice! All this means is that I am doing my job 'cause I got into trouble with local law. I have not lost my faith, in fact I am more in touch with God than ever before. I am strengthened by God's continuous support and grace each and every day. You all need to be celebrating this! I'm suffering on your behalf but you are not to let this get you down.

[My own interpretation of the beginning of Chapter Three of Ephesians]

God, thank you for Paul and people like Paul who suffered and continue to suffer for our sakes. Don't let this get us down, Lord, but help us to rejoice!

Question for the day: Can you name one person who suffered on your behalf so that your faith can be where it is today?

Copyright 2009 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment