Sunday, January 24, 2010

Guilty of Sin

Yearly Reading: Leviticus 4-7

Thus the priest shall make atonement on your behalf for the sin that you have committed, and you shall be forgiven. Leviticus 4: 31b NRSV

What sins have you unintentionally committed in the last two or three days? Have you admitted these to God? Why or why not? Is there something preventing you from asking for forgiveness from God?

Let us spend sometime today asking for God's forgiveness with this prayer of confession:

God of mercy and forgiveness, I come to you with my whole heart. Where I have unknowingly sinned against you, reveal this to me so that I can ask for your pardon. Help me to give voice to places in my life where I know without a doubt I have sinned but have lacked the courage to admit this to you. Please place your conviction on my life so that I can see where I have let you down. Forgive me for all of these sins, not with the covering of blood on the altar but with the holy blood of Jesus. Wash me clean of all my iniquities; make me white as snow and right with you. Let the barriers of sin that separate us fall so that I can bask in your glory and mercy. I know you love me and that you forgive me for all those sins that I place before you. Thank you for your grace. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Copyright 2010 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment