Friday, February 26, 2010

I Wasn't Listening

"...and I said to you, 'I am the Lord your God; you shall not pay reverence to the gods of the Amorites in whose land you live.' But you have not given heed to my voice." Judges 6:10 NRSV

Oh, sorry, what did you say, God? Were you talking to me?

You want me to do what?

When did you tell me this? I must have missed it.

I need to stop what? And do what?

I haven't been paying you reverence? But wasn't I in church on Sunday....? Oh, right. I forgot. My mind must have been elsewhere.

Where were we again? Oh, yes. Please do continue.

You say I haven't been listening to you? Really? I thought I was a very good listener.

But I haven't been acting like it, you say. Hmmm. I guess I need to work on that.

Okay, no guessing. I need to act like I've been listening to you. No acting -- I need to do as you say.

Open my ears, Lord. Help me to hear you. I want to listen to your voice. Let me take what you say to me to heart.

Amen.

Copyright 2010 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment