Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Just When I Think It is Time to Give Up...

He answered, " I have been very zealous for the Lord, the God of hosts; for the Israelites have forsaken your covenant, thrown down your altars, and killed your prophets with the sword. I alone am left, and they are seeking my life, to take it away." I Kings 19:14 NRSV

Look, God, have I not been very zealous for you?

I have done as you asked, following your Way, forsaking that which can mislead and influence yet clinging to you.

I have given up a life of power, glamor and riches.

I have become your servant.

I have obeyed your commands.

Yet, Lord, I am being hounded on all sides by the enemy. I have been cut down, betrayed and forsaken: all for your sake.

Now all I have left is my life and I fear that too will soon be taken from me.

Then God responds: "Go!..."

Amen.

Copyright 2010 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment