Thursday, September 16, 2010

Keep Asking

Today's reading: Luke 17-20

I tell you, he will quickly grant justice to them. And yet, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on earth? Luke 18:8 NRSV

The woman has come to the unjust judge again and again with her request. She has not given up, despite his reputation and callousness. And it is because she keeps bothering him that he grants her request.

If such an evil person grants a request, won't God also grant our requests?

Yes, Jesus says, he will quickly give them justice.

But what Jesus sees is that no one has truly been asking God again and again for justice. Therefore, will God find faith on earth?

Have you ever prayed for something for a really long time and your prayers were answered?

Have you ever prayer for something, nothing happened for a time, and you just gave up?

If you had a faith check-up right now, how well would you do?

God, do I have enough faith? Am I  asking you without ceasing? Or have I given up. I ask of you this:
___________________________________________. I trust you will answer in your time. And I will continue to pray for this. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2010 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment