Sunday, September 19, 2010

What kind of food are you working for?

Today's reading: John 4-6

"Do not work for the food that perishes, but for the food that endures for eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you. For it is on him that God the Father has set his seal." John 6: 27 NRSV

What kind of food are you working for?

I must admit that I am working for the food that perishes. Even though I am in ministry and I am following God's call on my life, the work that I do pays the bills and puts food on the table.

How can I work for the food that endures for eternal life?

Well, that is really impossible.

Jesus says that he gives that imperishable food. We don't work for it. We are given that food as a gift.

I just need to accept the food of eternal life that Jesus wants to give me and stop thinking that I have to work for that kind of food like I do the food that doesn't last.

How about you? Are you willing to accept the food you don't have to work for?

God, thank you for setting your seal on Jesus who give us the food of eternal life. In His name we pray. Amen.

Copyright 2010 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment