Sunday, October 31, 2010

Contentment

Today's reading: I Timothy 4-6

...For we brought nothing into the world, so that we can take nothing out if it; but if we have food and clothing, we will be content with these. I Timothy 6: 7-8 NRSV

Quickly name one thing you purchased in the last two weeks that you didn't really need. Something that you would have been just as well without it. How does it make you feel now that you have that item?

I know that I am not a good example of one who is content with what I have. I have tried to be this past year with a reduced amount of money coming into our household. Certainly, God has provided what we have needed.

Are you content?

Our world is full of people who desire more. Usually, they want money to buy bigger and/or better stuff. Let us remember that we are one of those people.

Do you have what you need? How can you be content?

God, contentment with just the basics is hard for us, especially in our Western culture. Give us contentment, Lord. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2010 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment