Tuesday, October 12, 2010

God's Temple

Oops! I got these two devotionals published on the wrong dates. But you can still enjoy! Amelia 

Today's reading: I Corinthians 5-8

For you were bought with a price; therefore glorify God in your body.

Paul says that, as Christians, we have become one in Christ.

How are you treating your body?

Do you smoke? Drink excessively? Eat processed foods to the exclusion of fresh foods? Refuse to exercise? Sit in front of the computer/television/game boy....etc. most of the day? Never floss?

I could go on and on. You may have different ideas of what treating your body right means. However, I think most folks would agree on most of the above being not good for our bodies.

Yet, even when we know how we should treat our bodies, how often do we do so?

Even as we know we should love and obey Christ, how often do we do so?

God, you have given me this body. And Christ is one in me. Help me to treat my body and therefore Christ as set apart and holy, dedicated to you. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Copyright 2010 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment