Sunday, October 17, 2010

A Little Foolishness

Today's reading: 2 Corinthians 10-13

I wish you would bear with me in a little foolishness. Do bear with me! 2 Corinthians 11:1 NRSV

Please bear with me today in a little foolishness. Just a few thoughts on this daily devotional. Wondering if it is worth it. I read last night that writing on a daily basis actually overwhelms folks who read your blog and you can lose followers. Is this daily posting too much? Certainly, part of the discipline of daily (or on a good week one day of writing) devotionals and thoughts on scripture, God and faith is a good thing. But it is better for me personally than for you, dear reader. Who actually has time to read all that scripture and this devotional anyway? And do they only take one minute as the name implies? As I am a fast reader, I don't think my own reading is a good indication. I know is that these devotionals are not long.

God has urged me to write. And I must leave the results to God.

God, I pray that even if no one reads every day's devotional that one devotional on any one day may make a difference in someone's relationship with You. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Copyright 2010 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment