Saturday, October 23, 2010

Stop!

Today's reading: Philippians 1-2

Do all things without murmuring and arguing. Philippians 2: 14 NRSV

I like to grumble and complain. I admit it. I can fuss and carry on about the smallest thing and then I get worked up over something else, then my brain leaps to another thing that I can pontificate about.

And argue? Very accomplished there as well. Not afraid of confrontation. Rather get it out than hold it in. Don't go behind my back, just confront me. Just don't be surprised if I attack back or get defensive in a loud and impressive manner.

Sigh.

Paul advises the church members at Philippi to stop complaining and fussing at one another. About everything. He wants unity and the true humility of Christ in the lives of everyone in the Philippian church.

Sigh.

Stop murmuring. Stop arguing. Get along!

God, help me to do all things without murmuring and arguing. Then I can stop sighing! In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2010 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment