Saturday, December 18, 2010

Lord and King

Today's reading: Revelation 17

"...They will make war on the Lamb, and the Lamb will conquer them, for his is Lord of lords and King of kings and those with him are called and chosen and faithful." Revelation 17 NRSV

There is no blessing or spiritual protection that will keep non-Christians from attacking Christians, churches and our beliefs. In fact, in John's day, Christians were suffering and dying because of this. But the vision that John is given assured believers that Jesus is truly Lord and King over all the leaders of the earth and he will have the final victory.

Do you find this helpful for your own life events?

I know I need to listen to this because I tend to get incensed and angry when attacked. I act in a very non-Christian manner when faced with injustice and mild persecution. I need to be better about letting God be in control. I need to understand that acting in a hateful manner will not win any souls. I should focus on the fact that Jesus will be the final victor, no matter the outcome of my own situation.

How about you?

God, thank you that Jesus is Lord of lords and King of kings. To him be the final victory and may we be those with him who are called, chosen and faithful. In His name we pray. Amen.

Copyright 2010 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment