Sunday, April 10, 2011

Trust in God

The Lord is a shelter for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. Those who know your name trust in you, for you, O Lord, have never abandoned anyone who searches for you. Psalm 9-10 NLT

Have you ever been oppressed?

Although I have felt targeted or dismissed I have never been oppressed. When I think of oppression I think of those from the former Soviet Union or the people of Cuba or China or even the Palestinians in the West Bank. These are always someone other than me or "my people."

There have been times when I have been in trouble. I have had times in my life in which I was searching for God (often when I didn't know it at the time) and looking for refuge.

How about you? Ever been in trouble? Have you ever searched for something and come to find out it was God?

We are reminded today to trust in God because God will not forget us or leave us behind.

God, you are a shelter for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. We know your name and trust in you, for you have never abandoned anyone who searches for you. Today we lift up these people who are oppressed and/or are searching for you: _____________________________________. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment