Sunday, June 19, 2011

Congratulations!

The Lord lives! Blessed by my rock! May the God of my salvation be exalted! He is the God who pays back those who harm me; he subdues the nations from under me and rescues me from my enemies. You hold me safe beyond the reach of my enemies; you save me from violent opponents. For this, O Lord, I will praise you among the nations; I will sing joyfully to your name. You give great victories to your king; you show unfailing love to you anointed, to David and all his descendants forever. Psalm 18: 46-50 NLT

For some reason, these verses seem to remind me of graduation. Wouldn't they be great on a congratulations card:

The Lord lives! Blessed be our rock! My God be exalted!
God has gotten you through these days of school.
He has subdued homework and rescued you from detention.
God has held you safe from the reach of poor grades and failure.
God has saved you from teachers that seemed to have it out for you.
You have done it!
For this, O Lord, we will praise you in the ceremony; we will all sing our school song joyfully in your name.
You give great victories to your graduate.
You show unfailing love to those receiving their diplomas.
Congratulations, grad!

God, help us to celebrate our achievements and the achievements of our loved ones by giving you due credit and praise. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment