Friday, September 23, 2011

Turn from evil and do good

Turn from evil and do good, and you will live in the land forever. For the Lord loves justice, and he will never abandon the godly. He will keep them safe forever, but the children of the wicked will perish. The godly will inherit the land and will live there forever. Psalm 37: 27-29 NLT

There is hope for those who turn from doing evil and turn to God.

The psalmist tells us that God loves justice. That means that God is just. God won't punish someone for past deeds when they have admitted their faults, asked for forgiveness and begun living godly lives. God forgives completely.

How unlike the rest of us! When we see someone doing bad things, we immediately judge them. And if they confess and ask for forgiveness? We have a really hard time accepting that forgiveness.

That is why I am glad that God is in control and not me or someone like me! There is hope for me, too, to be forgiven completely. God is just and forgiving. I am not.

God, thank you for being just and forgiving. Help me to confess my wrongdoings and live a changed life. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment