Monday, October 31, 2011

Be silent and know that I am God!

“Be silent, and know that I am God! I will be honored by every nation. I will be honored throughout the world.” Psalm 46:10 NLT

I have always remembered the other verse that you must be still and know God. But Psalm 46 gives us a direct quote: be silent and know that I am God!

Remember when God appeared to Elijah? God was not in the thunderous storm, God was not in the blasting wind, God was not in the rumbling earthquake and God was not in the roaring fire. God was in the silence. That is when Elijah fell on his face and worshipped. [See I Kings 19: 11-13]

How silent are you for God? Right now, is it silent where you are? Or do you have music going or the television in the background? Have you ever spent a few minutes in silence with God?

Let's try this today. Find a quiet place. Set a timer for 5 minutes. Just be in God's presence, not talking to God but just being still and listening, waiting.

God may have something to say to you in the silence.

Be silent and know that I am God! Amen.

Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment