Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Only a Fool

Only fools say in their hearts, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, and their actions are evil; no one does good! Psalm 53: 1 NLT

So, are atheists all evil? Do those who don't believe in God never do good? Are they all corrupt and their actions all pure evil?

Perhaps it is better to say that they are fools. But I am a fool as well. I am a fool for Christ. Yes, my beliefs as a Christian may look foolish to others. My Christian standards may seem hopelessly old fashioned. I may seem strange in my outlook. I understand my foolish appearance and accept it for the price of following Christ.

At the same time, I am to be reaching out to those who don't believe in God. I can't say that there are no corrupt atheists. Sometimes I have my doubts about those who call themselves Christian. But I am to be open to conversation, relationships and prayers for those who are foolish enough to say that there is no God. They may have rejected God but God has not rejected them. May their goodness flourish and their hearts be strangely warmed.

In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment