Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Teach me to be wise

For I was born a sinner – yes, from the moment my mother conceived me. But you deserve honesty from the heart, so you can teach me to be wise in my inmost being. Psalm 51: 5-6 NLT

Two things are important in these verses.

The first is that none of us is free from being a sinner. I don't believe in the “conceived in sin” theology as totally true. God created us the way we are and I don't believe he created us as sinners. I think we sin later on. However, I do believe that there is not one among humans who never sinned. Perhaps we sin rather than Sin. But we are not free from sin.

The second is important idea is that we are not doomed forever because of sin. If we are honest with God, that is all God wants. Tell God the truth when you make mistakes, hurt others, do something or don't do something. Never try to sugar coat our behavior to God nor act like it doesn't matter to God. Be honest with God from our heart, our inmost being. Then we shall be wise.

God, teach me to be wise. May I admit my mistakes from my heart. May I be totally honest with you. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims  

No comments:

Post a Comment