Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Give your burdens to the Lord

Give your burdens to the Lord, and he will take care of you. He will not permit the godly to slip and fall. Psalm 55: 22 NLT

I like the image of giving your burden over to someone so that you will not fall. We do that many times with young children. Even with my ten year old, I often will take what he is carrying from him if it is particularly heavy or breakable.

God wants to do that for us. God wants to take all the heavy weight that has settled on our shoulders. God wants to carry our burden for us. God knows that if we continue to carry this, we will fall. If we would just let God take it from us, then we will not slip.

But it is so hard to let go! We say we will give up our baggage to God, but it is merely just words. We hold on to what we are carrying, even if the weight is way more than we can handle.

We are going to slip and fall. It is just a matter of time.

God, I lift up my burden to you. Take it, God, take if from me, take all of it! I do not want to slip and fall. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment