Monday, December 19, 2011

Snarling Like Vicious Dogs

My enemies come out at night, snarling like vicious dogs as they prowl the streets. They scavenge for food but go to sleep unsatisfied. But as for me, I will sing about your power. I will shout with joy each morning because of your unfailing love. For you have been my refuge, a place of safety in the day of distress. O my Strength, to you I sing praises, for you, O God, are my refuge, the God who shows me unfailing love. Psalm 59: 14-17 NLT

What an image! The enemy comes out at night, snarling like a vicious dog, prowling the streets, sniffing at the garbage, looking for something to eat. However, they go to bed when morning comes still hungry. The enemy is not victorious! The enemy has found nothing on which to feed. Therefore, the psalmist is able to sing about God's power, shout for joy because of God's unfailing love each morning.

Have you ever pictured your enemy or even the Enemy prowling around at night trying to feed off of you? Can you wake up in the morning knowing you have fed no enemy? Can you sing with joy and praise God because of it?

God, I will shout with joy each morning because of your unfailing love. For you have been my refuge, a place of safety in the day of distress. O my Strength, to you I sing praises, for you, O God, are my refuge, the God who shows me unfailing love. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment