Saturday, January 14, 2012

For the Beauty of the Earth

You formed the mountains by your power and armed yourself with mighty strength.You quieted the raging oceans with their pounding waves and silenced the shouting of the nations. Those who live at the ends of the earth stand in awe of your wonders. From where the sun rises to where it sets, you inspire shouts of joy. Psalm 65: 6-8 NLT

I receive a lot of spam email. Sometimes it is sent by well- meaning friends. It gets to be too much at times. But I have one friend who often sends me pictures and I always read her emails. I love to see scenes from all over the world, especially scenes of nature taken by professional photographers. When I hear the words “those who live at the ends of the earth stand in awe of your wonders” I think of some of those awesome pictures I have received.

When have you stopped lately and simply enjoyed a wonderful sunset? How about the fog over the still water? A beautiful bird perched on a branch? A newborn baby? You and I need to spend more time in awe of God's wonders.

God, you formed the mountains by your power and armed yourself with mighty strength.You quieted the raging oceans with their pounding waves and silenced the shouting of the nations. Those who live at the ends of the earth stand in awe of your wonders. From where the sun rises to where it sets, you inspire shouts of joy. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment