Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Limiting God

Yet they kept on sinning against him, rebelling against the Most High in the desert. They stubbornly tested God in their hearts, demanding the foods they craved. They even spoke against God himself, saying, “God can't give us food in the wilderness. Yes, he can strike a rock so water gushes out, but he can't give his people bread and meat.” Psalm 78: 17-20 NLT

Isn't this the biggest self-pity party ever: they demanded foods they crave – “God can't give us food in the wilderness. Yes, he can do the water thing but bread and meat, forget it!”

Let's limit God, shall we?

God may be able to lead me to my future spouse but he can't help us to find a place to live. God can answer our prayer for children but can't provide a way to give them a decent education. God can help me when I've lost my job but he can't heal our broken marriage. God can get me through this difficult disease but he can't do anything about my relationship with my children/parents. God can help me make it to retirement but he can't do anything to make sure my relatives don't eat up my savings.

God provided the water. God also provided meat and bread. Yet, the people continue to sin and rebel.

Where are you limiting God in your life?

God, forgive me when I try to limit what you can do in my life. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2012 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment