Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Testing God

Oh, how often they rebelled against him in the wilderness and grieved his heart in that dry wasteland. Again and again they tested God's patience and provoked the Holy One of Israel. They did not remember his power and how he rescued them from their enemies. Psalm 78: 40-42 NLT

The Israelites tested God again and again in the wilderness. God was grieved again and again. Their memory was short. They soon forgot that God had saved them from being slaves. They forgot that God made sure they arrived at the desert. They forgot that God provided water, bread and meat when there was nothing to be had in the wasteland. They forgot that God extended grace rather than anger even when they had not obeyed or trusted God. They forgot about God's power.

How many times do I test God? How often do I forget all God has done for me? Even if the gift of Jesus Christ was all God had done for me, I still come out a winner. Yet, God has done much more. And still I feel myself pulling away from God. My trust is lacking. I speak about trusting God yet spend my time worrying rather than praying.

God, refresh my memory when I worry. Remind me of your love and faithfulness when I am experiencing doubt and fear. May I stop testing your patience. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2012 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment