Friday, June 15, 2012

I am slipping!



I cried out, “I am slipping!” but your unfailing love, O Lord, supported me. When doubts filled my mind, your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer. Can unjust leaders claim that God is on their side-- leaders whose decrees permit injustice? They gang up against the righteous and condemn the innocent to death. But the Lord is my fortress; my God is the mighty rock where I hide. God will turn the sins of evil people back on them. He will destroy them for their sins. The Lord our God will destroy them. Psalm 94: 18-23 NLT

Who do you depend on?

The psalmist depends on God.

When the psalmist feels like they are falling, God's love supports them. When they doubt their future, God gives them supernatural joy. Even when politicians and government leaders claim that they act on God's behalf or with God's blessing while taking advantage of the poor and helpless, the psalmist puts their trust in God. It is God who keeps the psalmist hidden. It is God who will destroy those who are evil.

Who do you depend on?

God, help me to depend on you at all times. When I feel myself slipping out of your path, may my cries be heard by you. When I am doubtful about my future or the future of my people, may you give me joy and hope that are unexplainable. When I am persecuted by those who should be my protectors, may I be saved by your mighty power. In Jesus' name. Amen.


Copyright 2012 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment