Sunday, June 10, 2012

The Lord is my rock!

Many thanks to my sister in Christ, Polly McClure, for being our Guest Blogger this past week. Now we return to our reading through the Psalms.

But you have made me as strong as a wild ox. You have anointed me with the finest oil. My eyes have seen the downfall of my enemies; my ears have heard the defeat of my wicked opponents. But the godly will flourish like palm trees and grow strong like the cedars of Lebanon. For they are transplanted to the Lord's own house. They flourish in the courts of our God. Even in old age they will still produce fruit; they will remain vital and green. They will declare, "The Lord is just! he is my rock! There is no evil in him!" Psalm 92: 10-15 NLT

Even in old age they will produce fruit, they will remain vital and green.

These days, there seems to be a focus on youth. Being young, staying young, looking young. Even when you get older, advertisers and magazine writers keep trying to convince us we aren't that much older. Fifty is the new thirty and silly things like that are spouted.

Age is age. Better than the alternative in many respects. I certainly don't want to go back in time. I appreciate my wisdom. And God certainly doesn't do away with us as we get older.

The psalmist tells us that those who are rooted in the Lord still produce fruit, still remain vital and green. That doesn't mean an absence of wrinkles and grey hair. That means that God's people don't ever get too old to do God's will and be God's hands and feet.

You too can remain vital and green. Just flourish in the house of God.

God, you have made me strong as a wild ox. You have anointed me. Help me to continue to flourish and remain fruitful all my days. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2012 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment