Friday, June 1, 2012

You thrill me

You thrill me, Lord, with all you have done for me! I will sing for joy because of what you have done. O Lord, what great works you do! and how deep are your thoughts. Only a simpleton would not know, and only a fool would not understand this: Though the wicked sprout like weeds and evildoers flourish,they will be destroyed forever. But you, O Lord, will be exalted forever. Your enemies Lord, will surely perish; all evildoers will be scattered. Psalm 92: 4-9 NLT

Usually, the words "you thrill me" are said in the context of romantic love or even hero worship. Here these words are spoken to God. And why is that? Because of all God has done.

In fact, the psalmist says that you would have to be a dummy to see what happens to those who don't believe in God. They may be shooting up around us like weeds and seem to be flourishing, they will lose in the end. Only God will be exalted forever just as God's enemies will be scattered.

What things has God thrilled you with in your life? Anything lately? Thank God today for all those thrilling God-moments in your life!

God, you thrill me with all you have done for me! I sing for joy because of what you have done. O Lord, what great works you do and how deep are your thoughts. In Jesus' name. Amen.

P.S. Beginning tomorrow, we will have a guest blogger, Polly McClure, to lead us in praying daily for the mission trip to Ecuador in which I will be traveling. I hope you will join in these prayers! Back with the Psalms on Sunday, June 10. 

Copyright 2012 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment