Tuesday, July 10, 2012

A Blameless Life


I will sing of your love and justice, Lord. I will praise you with songs. I will be careful to live a blameless life – when will you come to help me? I will lead a life of integrity in my own home.
Psalm 101: 1-2 NLT

I will be careful to live a blameless life – when will you come to help me?

The psalmist, like all of us, realizes that he wants to live a righteous life. But he is unable to do so on his own. He has the desire to do right but not the complete ability. He wants to live in a sinless way. Yet, he finds that he continues to sin.

Do you desire to live a blameless life?

If so, are you living such a life?

I, too, want to live blamelessly. But the minute that thought crosses my mind, I find myself in some sinful situation or action or word.

Does God want us to be sinless?

Or does God simply want us to desire to be blameless?

Can God help us live sinlessly?

Or would that take away our free will?

I will try my best to have a life of integrity in my own home. And I will depend on God's mercy and grace giving to me through Christ when I fall short.

God, I desire to live a blameless life and have integrity in my own home. Help me when I fall short and uphold my sincere desire. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2012 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment