Sunday, August 19, 2012

God can do mighty things


He changes the rivers into deserts, and springs of water into dry, thirsty land. He turns the fruitful land into salty wastelands, because of the wickedness of those who live there. But he also turns deserts into pools of water, the dry land into springs of water. He brings the hungry to settle there and to build their cities. They sow their fields, plant their vineyards, and harvest their bumper crops. How he blesses them! They raise large families there, and their herds of livestock increase. Psalm 107: 33-38 NLT

God can do great and mighty things. God can make what is a dry and desert place into a healthy and fertile land. God can also take what is bursting with life and make it an arid wasteland. When you are being blessed, God will change where you are into a place where you can grow and prosper. 

We often think that we have to move to a better neighborhood, change jobs or even leave our spouses in order for life to improve. But God is the God who can change even the driest landscape into a blooming field. Perhaps God is waiting on you to change your perspective on things. Have you prayed to God about your situation? Have you asked God to show you what you can do to help turn things around? Are you willing for God to change your attitude? Have you asked God to bless you where you are? 

God, you are the God of supernatural change. You know what my life is like and where I am right now. I am asking you to bless me. Bless me where I stand in my work, my home and my relationships. You are the one who can turn things around. Help me to know what I need to do as well. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

Copyright Amelia G. Sims 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment