Friday, November 16, 2012

The Lord is Lovely


Praise the Lord! Praise the name of the Lord! Praise him, you who serve the Lord, you who serve in the house of the Lord, in the courts of the house of our God. Praise the Lord, for the Lord is good; celebrate his lovely name with music. For the Lord has chosen Jacob for himself, Israel for his own special treasure. Psalm 135: 1-4 NLT

Do you really think that those who are serving God in God’s house really need to be reminded to praise God?

I think they do.

I’m a pastor and sometimes prayer is the last thing I think to schedule in my week. Sure, I will make sure to plan lots of sermon preparation and visitation. But does prayer rate highly on my to-do list? Most weeks it is more of an afterthought than anything. However, today I was reminded (by myself) that prayer should be central to every week -- and that doesnt mean just petitions. This means praising God.

I don’t know where you serve in your church or community of faith. You are considered a minister, too. I hope that you will spend more time in prayer. In fact, I hope you will make prayer your number one priority every week. 

Keep me accountable and I will keep you accountable as well!

God, I give you praise and glory. Your name is good. In fact,  your name is lovely! You have chosen me for yourself. I am your special treasure. I admire and honor you and all that you are for me and for the world. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

Copyright Amelia G. Sims 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment