Friday, January 18, 2013

God's mercy and compassion


The Lord is merciful and compassionate, slow to get angry and filled with unfailing love. The Lord is good to everyone. He showers compassion on all his creation. All of your works thank you, Lord, and your faithful followers will praise you. They will speak of the glory of your kingdom; they will give examples of your power. They will tell about your mighty deeds and about the majesty and glory of your reign. For your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom. You rule throughout all generations.  The Lord always keeps his promises; he is gracious in all he does. Psalm 145: 8-13 NLT

What is God like to you?

The psalmist (yes, from the Old Testament where it seems God is always about punishment) says that God is merciful, compassionate, slow to anger, full of love, and good to everyone.

Wow! That is my God!

I am thinking right now about how God has shown me mercy. I see God’s compassion in my life. God has certainly be slower to get angry at me -- much slower than I am to get angry at God. God loves me, more than any human being will ever be able to accomplish. Sometimes I think I am only lovable in God’s eyes! God is so good to everyone...yet so many don’t see God’s goodness. 

How has God shown you love? Compassion? Mercy? 

How have you and I shown those same traits to others?

God, I thank you for your compassion, mercy, love, patience and goodness. May I always have the same for others. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

Copyright 2013 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment