Friday, March 19, 2010

God Answers Prayers

People came from all the nations to hear the wisdom of Solomon; they came from all the kings of the earth who had heard of his wisdom. I Kings 4: 34 NRSV

Solomon asked to be wise for the sake of his kingdom of Israel. However, his wisdom became so well known that even foreigners came to Israel to hear him. This is an example of God's answer to our prayers; often God answers our prayers more than we could ever wish or imagine.

On a personal note, I have really been struggling lately with a life situation. My struggle has been so great that I have had a hard time even asking for anything from God. Yet, I know that God has answered my prayers in the past - even beyond what I could hope or imagine. Why am I so reluctant to ask again?

What prayers has God answered in your life? Did God do more than you had envisioned? What kinds of things are you asking God about right now?

God, you listen to our prayers. You answer them beyond what we can wish or imagine. Help us not to lose our trust that you will answer our prayers again. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2010 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment