Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Life is Tough

Today's reading: Ezekiel 9-12

Mortal, you are living in the midst of a rebellious house, who have eyes to see but do not see, who have ears to hear but do not hear.... Ezekiel 12:2 NRSV

Mortal: finite, human, will face death

Living in the midst of a rebellious house: Why? Can't I get out of this house? Where would I go? Can I not improve the morals of those around me? How can I stay true and obedient in the midst of all this rebelliousness?

Eyes to see, ears to hear: Everyone around me is perfectly capable of obedience. They all have the resources, senses and body parts to be the people God created them to be. Yet, they can't seem to use what they have been given. Why is that?

I am in the humble state of not being immortal.

There is only so much I can do.

I am among others who are not obedient to God.

Others in my own home have what they need to be close to and belong fully to God.

Those closest to me are not using what they have been given.

Life is tough when I must live in these circumstances.

God, help us stay on course even when we are surrounded by those who have eyes to see and ears to hear but are using neither. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2010 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment