Friday, October 1, 2010

Are You Worthy?

Okay, I seem to have gotten way off of the readings yesterday. Sorry about that! Amelia

Today's Reading: Acts 13-16

And as John was finishing his work, he said, 'What do you suppose that I am? I am not he. No, but one is coming after me; I am not worthy to untie the thong of the sandals on his feet.' Acts 13: 25 NRSV

Do you ever feel worthy? 

Do you ever feel like you are constantly in another person's shadow? That you will never achieve the status of the other person? 

I hate reading the alumni news of any of my alma maters. This is because it seems like other people my age or younger are doing all these wonderful things, winning awards, receiving recognition, saving lives and, well, living better lives to tell you the truth. It makes me feel small. 

But I have to remember that I am supposed to be living and preaching in such a way that I am pointing to another. Like John, it is not about me. I am simply showing the Way. 

You may not be preaching in front of a congregation, but your life actions and reactions do preach to others. To whom are you pointing? Yourself? Or Jesus?

God, we are not worthy to tie the sandals on the feet of Christ. But you can make us pathways for others to follow Him. Honor us in this way, we pray. In His name. Amen.

Copyright 2010 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment