Saturday, November 20, 2010

Speak, Serve, Glorify

Today's reading: I Peter 4


Whoever speaks must do so as one speaking the very words of God; whoever serves must do so with the strength that God supplies, so that God may be glorified in all things through Jesus Christ. To him belong the glory and the power forever and ever. Amen. I Peter 4:11 NRSV

If you speak, speak as if you are speaking God's words. I suppose that would put a stop to many things I want to say! And I don't think this is just about preaching or teaching. This scripture says that when you open your mouth, make sure that is something that God would say. I am not naive enough to believe that there aren't quite a few folks who think that their own opinions are also God's opinions.  But I think it is enough to begin with what we ourselves are saying.

When you serve, serve with all the courage, energy and enthusiasm that God will give you. Don't act like you are a martyr or no one else can do it like you can. Do all you do in service as though God is in your hands and feet. Don't worry about the attitude of those serving at your side -- just ask God for the strength to serve.

If you do these things, God will be glorified.

Let us pray: To God belongs the glory and the power forever and ever. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2010 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment