Sunday, December 5, 2010

Giving God the Glory

Today's reading: Revelation 4

"You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they existed and were created." Revelation 4: 11 NRSV

John's vision of revelation includes this glimpse of heaven in which 24 elders respond to the singing of the four living creatures around the throne by praising God.

"You are worthy, God, to receive our praise and worship because of your creative power!" They chant prostrated around the throne.

I don't find myself falling to my own face in God's presence. I neglect to give God praise and glory and honor. Instead, I have another list of requests and someone else who needs God's presence.

How many times are my prayers a list of requests?

And when I am not asking for something from God, I am thanking God for something God has blessed me with in my life. No praise there. That isn't giving God glory and honor.

Perhaps I need to rethink my priorities during my prayer time.

How about you?

God, you are worthy to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they existed and were created. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2010 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment