Wednesday, December 22, 2010

New Things

Today's reading: Revelation 21

And the one who was seated on the throne said, "See, I am making all things new." Also he said, "Write this, for these words are trustworthy and true." Revelation 19: 5 NRSV

As this year draws to a close, I am thankful to God for all the devotional ideas and the courage to continue writing these throughout this year. I plan on doing something new in this next year. I know I will be spending at least a year in the Psalms. I dream of also doing a podcast! Certainly, I will be doing some new things and reading some new books in my other blog, Faith In Books. All sorts of new ideas occur to me for sermons, leadership possibilities, retreats and Bible studies.

As John's visions come to a close, he is assured by God that all things will be made new. Perhaps John was thinking about his own imprisonment and suffering. These new things that God would be doing would free John in more ways than one! He was probably pretty excited and looking forward to seeing all the new things God would be doing in the world.

What new things are you expecting in this next year? What kinds of things do you think God is going to make new in your life?

God, thank you for your trustworthy and true words. May we all look with expectation for the new things you will be doing in our lives and throughout creation. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2010 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment