Thursday, December 23, 2010

One Minute Fixing

Today's reading: Revelation 22

Let the evil doer still do evil, and the filthy still be filthy, and the righteous still do right, and the holy still be holy. Revelation 22: 11 NRSV

I am by nature a fixer. I want to fix things for other people. I probably began writing these devotionals so that I could in my own way fix you too, gentle reader!

But at the end of the day, and possibly the end of the year, there is really not much I can fix. The evil doer will still be doing evil things. The filthy will still be filthy (love the imagery - does he mean physical or spiritual?). The righteous will still be doing the right things and the holy one will still be living a holy life. I cannot do it, even through a one minute daily devotional!

Only God can bring about change in an evil doers' life.

Only God can bring about change in a filthy person's life.

 Only God can bring about change in any person's life.

Even yours.

And mine.

God, you are the one in control. You are the one who gives us all your love, minute by minute, every day of our lives. Help us to spend time with you each and every day that you have blessed us with. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2010 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment