Thursday, March 3, 2011

Cry Out

I cried out to the Lord, and he answered me from his holy mountain. Psalm 3: 4 NLT

There comes a time in each of our lives when we cry out to the Lord. Perhaps this has already happened at least once in your own life. I would assume we may do this several times in our lives.

There is a certain comfort in knowing that crying out to God is allowed. It is part of who we are as God's faithful people. We don't have to keep our troubles buttoned down inside of us. Instead, we can freely express our difficulties and distress aloud to God. We can ask for help.

There is also a certain hopefulness in this as well. Not only are we able to verbally express our anguish to God but that God will answer us from God's own place of holiness. The remainder of the psalm reminds us that God won't just answer with a pithy saying. God will hear us and be with us. Perhaps God won't save us like we want to be saved. But God will never leave us alone.

Thank you, God, for hearing me when I cry out to you and answering from your holy mountain. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims 

No comments:

Post a Comment