Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Go Away

Go away, all you who do evil, for the Lord has heard my crying. The Lord has heard my plea; the Lord will answer my prayer. May all my enemies be disgraced and terrified. May they suddenly turn back in shame. Psalm 6: 8-10 NLT

Sometimes when I am sad I like to have people around to comfort me. At other times, give me some chocolate, a box of tissues and a good movie!

The psalmist is here wanting some serious space. Go away all you evil people! God will listen to me, even if you won't! I appealed to God and I know he listened to my petition. I would like to see you disgraced as I have been! I wonder if you would like it to be as terrified as I am! May you realize your mistake and be shamed.

Are these really evil people? Are these the same people who hurt the psalmist? Do they need to be disgraced and terrified, to experience the same types of things? Do they need to be shamed?

Or is the psalmist simply being hurt again by these same enemies?

God, when we are at the lowest points in our lives, we know that you hear our pleas. May we have the space when we need it and the comfort when that is our deepest desire. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment