Friday, March 25, 2011

On My Honor

O Lord my God, if I have done wrong or am guilty of injustice, if I have betrayed a friend or plundered my enemy without cause, then let my enemies capture me. Let them trample me into the ground. Let my honor be left in the dust.  Psalm 7: 3-5 NLT

The psalmist speaks of what they feel is dishonorable:
Doing wrong.
Guilt over doing an injustice.
Betraying a friend.
Plundering one's enemy without cause.

If the psalmist has done any of those things, God can let their enemy capture them and trample them to the ground. Their honor is already dust in that case: so should their body be as well.


What are some actions that you would consider to be dishonorable? 
Have you ever done something that someone has considered dishonorable? 
Do people even admire those who are honorable anymore? 
Or has what was once considered to be honorable changed? 

God, we all have different views of what is honorable. But we want to be honorable in your eyes. Help us to govern our actions and behavior so that we are always honorable to you. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment