Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Show me which way to turn

Lead me in the right path, O Lord, or my enemies will conquer me. Tell me clearly what to do, and show me which way to turn. Psalm 5: 8 NLT

I am really bad about making my own decisions and deciding to do things on impulse. Even when I spend some time in thought, I rarely invite God's direction. I might ask for advice from others but God is the last one to whom I will go. The only exception to this in the last couple of years has been for big life choices.

Psalm 5 reminds me and you that only God can keep us on the right path. We need simply ask for direction.

If we don't, our enemies (physical or otherwise) will conquer us.

God can tell us clearly what to do and show us which way to turn.

We just have to ask for discernment and direction.

What decisions - large or small - are you contemplating today?

Let's pray:

God, lead me in the right path, O Lord, or my enemies will conquer me. I lift up this situation to you: ______________________.  Tell me clearly what to do, and show me which way to turn. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment