Friday, April 1, 2011

God is like....

God is my shield, saving those whose hearts are true and right. God is a judge who is perfectly fair. He is angry with the wicked every day. Psalm 7: 10-11 NLT

Jesus spoke many times in parables, telling his listeners that God was like this or the kingdom of heaven was like that. Here in this psalm, the psalmist explains what God is like for him. God is his shield. God is a perfectly fair judge. God is one who is angry at the wicked all the time. God is the one who saves those who have true and right hearts.

Is God like a shield for you? Or is God a judge? Who is God for you and your life? How have you experienced God? If you had to explain to someone in three sentences what God was like for you, what would you say?

God is my loving parent, who wants me close to God's heart. God is a friend who walks with me wherever I go. God loves, God forgives, God guides. Those are my sentences. I invite you to try this as well.

God, you are like _________________________ to me. You _________________________________. I have experienced you as a ____________________________________________________________.

Thank you that you are like someone or something different for each of us, God! Amen.

Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment