Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Calling on God

I will call on the Lord, who is worthy of praise, for he saves me from my enemies. Psalm 18:3 NLT

What makes you call on the Lord?

Do you wait and call on the Lord when you need something?

Or do you call on God just to be in contact with God?

Here the psalmist gives two reasons for calling on God. The first is that God is worthy to be praised. There is something wonderful about giving God glory and honor. God is sovereign and mighty. We need to simply bask in God's mighty being. The second reason for calling on God is that God does things for us. God loves us. God saves us. God offers new life to us. We bask in God's saving grace. We ask for God's continuing help in beating back our enemies, whomever or whatever they may be.

What reasons can you give right now for praising God?

What needs to you have that you want God to hear?

Remember these are your reasons and your needs, not your loved ones or your neighbors.

God, hear my prayer. I praise you for: _________________________________.  I ask that you save me from: ___________________________________. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment