Monday, May 30, 2011

God is My Rock

The Lord is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the strength of my salvation, and my stronghold. Psalm 18: 2 NLT

I feel so sorry for those who find themselves in terrible predicaments and they do not know God. Where do they find their strength? How do they get through each day? Do they simply depend upon drugs or other earthly means of survival?

This verse was especially meaningful for a friend of mine whose son was into drugs and later was incarcerated. For her, this verse had particular meaning because it was only through God's strength, protection and foundation that she was able to make it through each day. God was a rock that gave her courage to face whatever life was throwing to her at that time. God didn't just give her life meaning; God kept her propped up and firmly anchored. He protected her from gossip, from family squabbles and from self-doubt. God have her strength to not only keep going but to provide spiritual help and comfort to others when they were going through hard times. She became firmer in her convictions and her belief in God's merciful power.

Where has God been a rock in your life? Have you ever needed God's protection? How can you share this part of God's nature with others?

God, you are my rock, the one in whom I find protection. You are my shield, the strength of my salvation and my stronghold. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment