Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Master!

I said to the Lord, "You are my master! All the good things I have are from you." Psalm 16: 2 NLT

Take a moment right now to think about all the good things you own or have. Do you have a place to live? Clothes? Food to eat? Some kind of income?

Think about the people you are related to - whether by marriage, blood or even association. Are any of those relationships good?

Think about your relationship to God and what Christ has done for you. Would you say those are good as well?

If you have any good things in your life, would you be able to say that God has given them to you?

Lastly, is God the master of your life? Another way to think about this is to ask whether you consider yourself to be God's servant. Or, is God more a co-pilot? Or perhaps an advisor.

God has given you all the good things in your life. When will you be ready to declare God your master?

God, you are my Master! All the good things I have are from you. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment