Tuesday, May 17, 2011

God's Refuge

Keep me safe, O God, for I have come to you for refuge. Psalm 16:1 NLT

Where in your life do you need God's protection?

I think right now in my own life that I am my own worst enemy. I am easily distracted, I tend to take on too much, I plan huge projects that no real human being could ever complete on their own and I put off some things while going ahead with the items that could wait. I guess I need God to keep me safe from myself. This is because I often create my own storms, my own tornadoes, my own tsunamis.

My refuge in God would be to delegate, to spend more time in prayer and Bible reading, to find ways to worship where I am not in charge and to just be present rather than having to be doing. Is my imagined refuge too big to tackle? Most of it contains things that I must do rather than what God will provide. I am asking for God's refuge, not Amelia's refuge.

What would refuge in God look like for you?

God, keep me safe. I have come to you for your refuge, not mine. And, Lord, keep me from interfering with what you are doing to provide such shelter. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment