Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Praying for our Leaders

Only fools say in their hearts, "There is no God." They are corrupt, and their actions are evil; no one does good! Psalm 14: 1 NLT

There are a lot of people in this modern world that say in their hearts,"There is no God." The problem then is that they tend to make themselves into a god. Once you take God out of your heart, you have no compass, no real moral stance and often no accountability. I have said on more than one occasion that I would rather have a President who is of another religion rather than one who is atheist. Those that call themselves Christian, no matter what party they are affiliated with, already tend to lose touch with God in their hearts. I always say I am going to pray for each president, but I often just end up criticizing them throughout their term. If there is anyone who needs prayer, it is the leader of our country!

If we are truly wanting a leader who is not a fool, who has a hedge of protection around them to prevent corruption, and whose actions are not evil but good, then we need a leader who says, "There is a God!" in their heart of hearts. Will you commit with me to pray for your leaders - local, statewide and of your country?

Let us pray:

God, I lift up to you all who hold leadership positions in our nation:
I lift up to you all who hold leadership positions in our state or providence:
I lift up to you all who hold leadership positions in my local town/village or city:
I especially pray that they hold you in their hearts, that you grant them wisdom and that you help them to do the most good for the people they lead. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment