Tuesday, May 10, 2011

God is so good to me

But I will trust in your unfailing love. I will rejoice because you have rescued me. I will sing to the Lord because he has been so good to me. Psalm 13: 5-6 NLT

During the recent tornadoes that came through the south, a man in Alabama said something like this: the devil tried to take everything away from us but God provided what we needed.

In Psalm 13, it isn't clear if God has turned to answer the psalmist. Certainly, the psalmist feels rescued. But there is also a bit of unanswered prayer. The psalmist is going to trust in God's unfailing love regardless. The song to be sung to God is not because God has answered a specific request but because God has been so good to them.

Can you sing such a song in your life right now? How has God rescued you? Where has God been good to you this past week? This very day?

Spend sometime with God today listing all the good things God has done for you and giving thanks.

Amen.

Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment