Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Show me, save me, guard me, hide me.

Show me your unfailing love in wonderful ways. You save with your strength those who seek refuge from their enemies. Guard me as  the apple of your eye. Hide me in the shadow of your wings. Psalm 17: 7-8 NLT

Show me, save me, guard me, hide me.

What do those words mean to you and your life? Take some time right now to seriously think about this.

How could God show you God's love in your life? Perhaps God has already done so and you just need to take this opportunity to express your thanks.

What do you need to be saved from at this time? If you think carefully about this, the answer may surprise you.

How closely does God need to be guarding you? Maybe God has already been guarding you and you were unaware of this fact.

Why would God need to hide you at this particular time in your life? The image of hiding under God's wings is both powerful and comforting.

God, show me your unfailing love in wonderful ways. You save with your strength those who seek refuge from their enemies. Guard me as  the apple of your eye. Hide me in the shadow of your wings. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment